Launching a new business is exciting and I’m always honored to design a custom look and feel. For this data visualization company, I was given a color palette and direction to make a look that was “fresh and fun” while still being appropriate for the tech sector. After pencil sketches and a first round of options, one design stood out as the clear solution. Below are the three final versions.
Since I just finished a couple more of these signs earlier this week, I figured it is past due that I post about the whole project. (I also finally took the time to get some pictures of the finished sign banks.)
This is another interesting project that came my way, because I design and create in a bunch of different mediums. The property is large and directional signs were wanted in order to help people find the buildings they wanted to get to. I was supplied with some old, distressed wood (to fit the aesthetic of the property) and asked to match the font on these signs to other existing signage. I started by cutting out large vinyl stencils to get the uniform font, then finished with indoor/outdoor paint. The signs in the pictures have been posted for over six months now and are still looking great!
My workspace was in one of the old barns on the property and I enjoyed the environment. During breaks, I took some photos of my progress as I was working and the barn where I was working.
After completing one large wood burnt piece, there were plans to make two more pieces to use as decoration in other children’s classrooms. A cartoon horse and cow were chosen and I got to work. It was nice to have the chance to do more artwork with a wood burning technique. It took awhile for the pieces to be mounted with all the other pieces, but I finally was able to get some photos to share.